All of our plans for the future and accomplishments of the past could not and will not be completed without the involvement and support from our many partners. Paid memberships and donations of time and materials all contribute to the successful completion of our goals. Your support not only provides some of the direct fiscal support necessary for our organization to continue but it provides matching funds for some of our grant funded projects.
We believe integrity and respect are inherent in all our core values. Education: We are dedicated to educating our community by increasing local watershed knowledge through active engagement. Stewardship: We are dedicated to taking care of our River environment and community relationships. Leadership: We are dedicated to developing and influencing current and future leaders. Please make an investment in River Keepers so that we can use our core values to accomplish our mission of advocating sustainable use of the Red River of the North.
Some of our members are employees of companies that match memberships. These companies are making a commitment to the community and supporting their employee’s volunteerism. Check with your employer to determine if they have a matching gift program.
We also appreciate hearing from members if they are aware of corporate giving programs. Several corporations currently support River Keepers through our corporate membership program. Usually these companies prefer to support organizations that their employees support.
To become a member
Please go to our Shop (in the upper right corner at the top of the page) and look for the Membership Level that you are interested in or print the Membership Brochure above and mail the filled in form along with a check to the address listed on the brochure.
Junior River Keeper ($5) –
- Junior River Keepers Member Certificate.
- River activity book.
- Conservation tattoos.
Student/Senior Levels ($20) –
- E-news Subscription.
- Tax-deductible membership.
- Invites to River Keepers (RK) events.
- Help create a “renewed vision for the Red River of the North.”
- Voting privileges at the annual meeting.
- Guided Catfishing Experience – 10% discount.
- Business discounts:
- Sheyenne Gardens Nursery – 10% discount on regular priced merchandise.
- Critters Feed and Seed – 10% discount on orders of $100 or more.
- Olson Awning and Canvas – 10% discount on new awnings and boat covers.
- Maple Leaf Resort on West Lost Lake – 25% discount on reservations.
Kayak Membership Level ($30) –
- All of the Student/Senior level benefits plus a River Keepers bumper sticker.
Canoe Membership Level ($50) –
- All kayak level benefits.
- First time members receive a copy of “Relaxed Guide to Catfishing on the Red River of the North” thanks to a generous donor.
Skiff Membership Level ($100) –
- All Canoe level benefits plus a River Keepers T-shirt.
Jon Boat Level ($250) –
- All Skiff level benefits plus River Keepers cap.
York Boat Level ($500) –
- All of the above plus a free Guided Catfishing Experience.
Steamboat Membership Level ($1000) –
- All York Boat level benefits plus free guided canoe tour of the Red River.