Want to help grow our events, strengthen our volunteer program, and connect people to the Red River? River Keepers is hiring a Project Coordinator! Read, share and apply.
River Keepers, a Fargo-Moorhead based nonprofit that advocates for sustainable use of the Red River, seeks a full-time employee to implement educational and conservation projects and events, recruit volunteers, promote River Keepers, and assist with the general operations. Must have strong organizational skills, ability to communicate to a diverse group of people, basic computer skills, ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines, work independently and in a team-based environment. Must be comfortable around water and have a valid drivers license. Occasional evenings and weekends. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years experience in natural resources, project development, nonprofit management, communications or related fields.
• Coordinate projects/programs/events undertaken by River Keepers.
• Manage workflow to meet deadlines and goals in an accurate and timely manner.
• Actively recruit, engage, energize and retain volunteers and members.
• Promote River Keepers through development and distribution of publications, advertisements, website, online content, presentations, etc.
• Develop sound working relationships with various organizations and individuals in the Fargo-Moorhead community.
• Represent River Keepers at various meetings, events and programs.
• Ensure safety regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
• Assist with office operations as needed.
• Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Proficiency in written and oral communication for diverse audiences and ability to effectively develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to effectively work independently and in a team-based environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and database programs.
• Have creative ability to plan, coordinate, and develop special events, programs and projects from conception to completion within agreed upon timeframes.
• Ability to develop content for website and social media outreach.
• Ability to work with the public and a wide variety of agencies and individuals.
• Comfortable around water.
• Able to work outdoor in inclement weather conditions and ability to work for long periods of time at a computer.
• Ability to obtain a ND or MN driver’s license.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
• Able to lift/carry objects up to 60 pounds
• Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
Reports to: This position reports to the Executive Director of River Keepers.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. A competitive benefit package is provided.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week; some evening and weekend work anticipated).
Application Process: Please submit a letter of interest, resume, 1 writing example, and three references to: Christine Holland, Executive Director at email@example.com
Position opened until filled.