Who We AreRiver Keepers grew from a desire to rediscover the Red River’s heritage, and to teach people to again appreciate the Red as a living River. In earlier decades of Fargo-Moorhead history, people used and appreciated the Red River for a variety of activities. In later years, people lost that appreciation for the river which is the dominant geographical feature in the community, and began to consider it a liability to be avoided.
What We Do
- Advocate for awareness, appreciation and stewardship of the Red River.
- Advocate for riverfront development projects.
- Encourage and promote River recreation.
- Help develop economic opportunities in the River corridor.
- Encourage development of recreation amenities in the River corridor.
- Educate residents about the River and its environment.
Do you love the river? How about helping others?
Check out our volunteering page to see what opportunities we have available.Volunteer!
Get outside, and learn something while you're at it!
We have many projects and activities running throughout the year for all ages. From canoeing to fishing to marking storm drains, there's bound to be something that you'll love.Projects & Activities